I think I've lost my klaka-ness. Oh no! *_*
The salary's in! Woohoo! I had my nice quiet celebration last night. :-) This evening with old friends. Tomorrow with 3 of my little cousins. Saturday will be another happy day. Pretty excited. At least I have my fair share of work and off work. *grins* Well, at least for this week. I wonder how next week will be. I think it'll get more busy with all the Syawal cookies and all. I have the feeling that we'll start baking next week. Then I'll have lesser time for uni work. Cleaning, painting, baking. Oh... My... God.
I can't find my festive mood. Maybe next week. Heh. I guess the mood slowly goes away due to age (as the mood to receive starts to fade away), too much work especially on the eve and on the day itself, the new clothes like every Syawal (1 is fine but too many pairs is just kinda dumb) and I guess the most effect for me was the fact that I've always been away for like half or 3/4 of the fasting month. So, the preparation for me was not much and fast. But seriously, I do not like the idea of buying too many clothes for that festival. The art of menunjuk2 yg kita ada baju yg stylo2 dan lawa. The art of wasting money. And I thought we're not supposed to waste our money and not supposed to show-off. And I know I'll get people who'll tell me that it's all for the sake of the festival and being in the spirit of the festival. I always find 1 new pair is good enough. I don't understand any more than that. Coz in the end, we won't be wearing them often. Do we even attend weddings every week of every month?!
Oh well. Whatever makes people happy. I'm just happy if I only have one and of my own choice. My mother's been making the decisions of choosing the colours and designs of my bajus. I've not been a happy person. For the record, I like light colours. I don't like dark colours for my bajus. And I like simple designs. I don't like those with too much flowers and designs. And the material of the cloth has to be soft and not harsh for my skin. I mean, who likes hard and thick materialed clothes??? Well, at least not me! But she never understands that. I look hedious in those clothes and they don't even look good on me. It's pure shit when you had to be so filial sometimes and make them happy. Coz in the end, let's face it, you're never happy even when they are. Oh God! I better not be like that when I have my own children, pls.
Oh well. There goes another entry with lack of humour or maybe none. I've turned more boring than I used to be. *horrors*